Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Finally Planner Nirvana has been achieved!!!

Ok so 1st off, SO sorry for the delay lol. I started this blog then I got so into doing videos and what not that I didnt continue to make blog posts. A LOT has changed since my last post. Ive had almost every FF it seems from the current line, tried different brands sizes and what not. Now there is NOTHING wrong w/ being a collector at all, but for me, I had to get at least a system that worked for me. Pick a size, and a insert, and if I want to swap binders, fine, but at least it'll just be a simple quick swap and not a, "I have to change my whole layout, inserts, repunch...etc etc" type deal....ok so now....onto the meat and potatoes of the matter lol. I've actually kinda found some peace. (For now at least lol)

 My planner 'nirvana' as I'm referring it it. LOL. To get to the point... I always wanted a personal or FC compact even to work for me but I really kept failing. A5/classic/desk has always worked for me but it was too big, for me at least to take out with me, then it hit me. Still I tried it as my all in one, which did work, BUT again, not easy to take along. I tried the a5/pocket combo, which is ok too BUT I need more writing space...then I tried FC compact, bigger than personal FF but smaller than a5, well it was great bc of the big rings, but I missed FF leather, and style options, also I found again, too heavy to take along, and not quite big enough to be a all in one lol, at least for me. So I kept going back and forth. I happened to get a compact blue finsbury from one of my FF friends, I loved it instantly. LOVED the size, all of it...but I still wanted a all in one.....so I continued to go back and forth...buy and sell, sell and buy lol. Finally, it hit me after ordering my a5 gillio, which I'm still waiting for...A5 will be my home binder!!! Compact will be my planner!! No overlap, plenty of writing space, and portability!! AMG!! 

Ok the breakdown of the a5 in a nutshell:
 Sections:
 ~Month on 2 pages for Bills
 ~Lists: Cleaning schedule Problem Solving House Projects To buy lists (works w/the compact) Grocery Master List ~Finance/Budgeting
~Info: (Holds family/pet/home info)
~Journal: I journal about whatever in it
~Meals/Diet: What Im cooking for the week, how my health is going and recipies.
 ~Peeps: contacts, websites, special days Then in the back I have some merchant cards I rarely use, color code system, stickers, and coupons.

 Currently using my a5 calipso in bright blue until my a5 beige gillio compana with gold rings arrive. :) NOW for my fave binder, and the most important part that keeps me going...

 My compact regency setup:

 I am using FC compact her POV 2 page per day inserts, I had to trip and repunch them but it works out great! The regency has 15mm rings, but I find it works great for me. It has 4 credit card slots, 2 inner full length pockets, 2 bill fold type side pockets, and on small pouch on the back. VERY nice pocket layout.

My sections are:
~Diary- which contain mo2p and 2ppd
~Finance- for personal budgeting
~Lists/Goals- personal wants, goals, dreams etc
~Info- websites, phone numbers, and any info I may need.

Then I have marchant cards, stickers, and my color code systems. Basically my planner nirvana has come to me bc I finally found a system, combo, size that works. I also accept I am a switcher so I may still switch things up from time to time, but the HEART of my planning will be there same and not change. YAY!!! I will be selling a lot of planners soon. Anywas ty for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! I'll add some pics too and try to keep better updated lol. Take care!







13 comments:

  1. Awww what a great post hun, love your planners as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww ty so much!!! :) I appreciate your support! :)

      Delete
  2. I keep a cross pen in my personal! I love it! Very nice post! I think it sums up what we all go through in finding the system that works for each individual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I love the cross, esp this one, it was my fathers, who is no longer with us. I agree tho, it really does sum up what we go through trying to find our own systems. :)

      Delete
  3. I have just set-up my Compact Regency and I love it. (strickmuse.blogspot.com) It is perfect as the everyday carry-along FF. Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! And congrats on finding what works for you!! Isn't that a great feeling? I LOVE the blue color of your Calypso and the Regency is attractive too. But I'm not sure if there's any FF that can get me out of my purple Malden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty so much!! It is a great feeling indeed, and I dont blame you on that malden hehe a true beauty!

      Delete
  5. Ahh! Your compact set up is so similar to mine. I recently found planner Nirvana and am a bit of a switcheroo too but doubt it'll last long! Love the post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post - love the monthly inserts in your compact :-)

    ReplyDelete

Philofaxy